The safety of our employees, clients, and community is our primary concern. Due to the county’s recent shelter-in-place order, our physical offices are currently closed. Our attorneys are still working and are available via email and phone. A staff member will gladly assist you by phone or you may refer to our website for each attorney’s email address, assuming you do not have it already.

If you are a potential client interested in scheduling a call with one of our attorneys, please call our office or email [email protected]. A staff member will reach out to you to schedule a consultation by phone.

We wish you continued good health and look forward to reopening our physical offices soon. In the meantime, please stay safe.

Strategically Overcoming
Complex Problems

Trouble with your child? Parenting plans are necessary

There are many parenting issues that people deal with when they raise a child. Among them include common issues like having trouble getting your child to eat well or dealing with a child’s digital-device addiction.

When you and your ex-spouse navigate these parenting issues, it can be more complicated than normal. You may both have different ways of approaching the problems your child has, which can create a conflict.

How to make your parenting more cohesive after divorce

After a divorce, you can make your parenting more cohesive by creating a parenting plan that contains details on how to handle problem behaviors. For example, if you and your ex-spouse have differing opinions on the addictive nature of video games, you may decide to limit game time to an hour a day. Both of you need to talk through what you’re comfortable with allowing so that you can both stick to the same plan.

Other problems, like a child not eating at one parent’s house, could be more troublesome. Anxiety, depression and other issues could make a child less likely to eat in one situation than in another, so it’s important that you’re both informed if a more serious problem is at hand. If a child is struggling with the transition from one home to the other, changes to a custody schedule or therapy might be in order.

Your family law attorney can help you devise a parenting plan on which you both agree. That way, it will be very clear what either parent can or cannot do when your child displays unusual or disruptive behaviors.