Online Attorney Sites (Informational – Finding Lawyers, Other Experts)
- California State Bar Member Search: Locate Attorneys or Research the reported disciplinary history of any California attorney.
- Super Lawyers: A rating service of outstanding lawyers which lists attorneys who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
- Avvo: A listing of attorneys that can be searched by practice area or name, which are also rated and reviewed by members of the public.
- Martindale-Hubbell: Attorney and law firm profiles, which include a rating system, and search capabilities by name or practice area.
Government and Legal Associations
- California State Courts: Public access to all information concerning California Courts and the court system.
- California Secretary of State: California business searches, including corporations and agents for service of process.
- San Mateo County Superior Court: Information provided by the County Court on its website.
- San Mateo County Bar Association: A professional association of attorneys and non-attorney affiliated members practicing within San Mateo County.
- Santa Clara County Superior Court: Information provided by the County Court on its website.
- Santa Clara County Bar Association: A professional association of attorneys and non-attorney affiliated members practicing within Santa Clara County.
- San Francisco County Superior Court: Information provided by the County Court on its website.
- Bar Association of San Francisco: A professional association of attorneys and practicing within San Francisco County.
Tax and Financial Advice for Divorcing Couples
- IRS Information for Divorced or Separated Individuals.
- IRS Information on Filing Innocent Spouse Claims – Tax Fraud of Husband or Wife.
- IRS Information on the Sale of a Residence – Real Estate Tax Tips.
- IRS information on Tax Filing Status, Dependency Exemptions, and Credits.
Collaborative Law and Practice and Practitioners
- Collaborative Practice in California: This is a California collaborative practice organization in California.
- San Francisco Collaborative Law Group: Information provided by the Collaborative Law Group on its website.
- San Mateo County Collaborative Law Group: Information provided by the Collaborative Law Group on its website.
- Silicon Valley Collaborative Law Group: Information provided by the Collaborative Law Group on its website.
Child Custody, Parenting and Abduction
- Our Family Wizard: A web based tool to help parents communicate mindfully over parenting schedules, support and child based reimbursements while minimizing conflicts.
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children: Resources for parents and guardians, law enforcement, child care providers, and attorneys involving missing or exploited children.
- Hague Conventions – International conference including a section on child abduction: This site presents general information concerning the Hague Conference as well as detailed and updated information on the Hague Conventions: texts of the Conventions, full status reports, bibliographies, information regarding the authorities designated under the Conventions on judicial and administrative co-operation, explanatory reports, etc.
- Hague Convention – U.S. Department of State: The U.S. Department of State website explains the Hague Convention and allows visitors to locate the nearest agency.
Child Support-Governmental Resources
- Santa Clara County Department of Child Support Services: Overview of process and forms regarding child support in California, specifically in Santa Clara County.
- San Mateo County Department of Child Support Services: Overview of process and forms regarding child support in California, specifically in San Mateo County.
- California Courts: Self-Help Center: Families and Children: Free help for family law is now available on the Internet for the estimated 4.3 million Californians who represent themselves in court each year.
- California Partnership to End Domestic Violence: The California Partnership to End Domestic Violence is a catalyst and advocate for social change through innovative solutions to ensure safety and justice for victims and survivors of domestic violence and their children.
- San Mateo and Santa Clara County Local Shelters: Provide housing and support services to individuals and families in need.
- Women’s Law: Legal information, help and support for women, teens, and girls living with or escaping domestic violence or sexual assault (custody, divorce, restraining orders, orders of protection, immigration, military law, tribal law, kidnapping, stalking, dating violence, and more).
- ABA – Know Your Rights – Domestic Violence: An American Bar Association publication.
Resources for Women
- National Association of Divorce and Women: An amazing online resource for women by women who are attempting to get a fresh start after divorce.